So far this summer, the weather in North Carolina has been beautiful. On your days off, don’t you want to enjoy everything nature has to offer with your kids? You don’t need to spend lots of money in order to have fun during the season. Instead, spending quality family time should be enough to make the day worthwhile. In addition, you can think of creative ideas to do in your own backyard.
If you are having trouble getting started, try looking around your home to see what toys and games you have available. Then, you can brainstorm with your family for outdoor fun ideas. The following are some tips for activities you could participate in together:
• Run through the Sprinkler. This is a simple activity even young children can participate in. All you need to do is attach the hose to a sprinkler and let the kids run through. Everyone can cool off, including your lawn!
• Drawing with Sidewalk Chalk. Encourage the artistic side of your kids’ minds by letting them draw on the sidewalk. You could even teach them hopscotch and make a family game out of it.
• Play Soccer. A soccer game can be fun for older kids. It encourages teamwork, coordination, and even some competition. If you have a big enough yard, you can organize teams and set up goals on either end.
• Tag You’re It. This simple game is a great way to get some exercise and burn off energy. All ages can participate because all you do is run and have fun!
• Organize a Picnic. Eating outside on a blanket in the backyard will be a great adventure for your kids. There are no rules and the food can be prepared beforehand so nobody gets messy. Perhaps you can make this a normal routine for a while during the summer.
• Fly a Kite. Either you can buy a kite or have your kids use their imaginations and make one themselves! Encourage creativity and individuality, and perhaps they will come up with something great. Then, of course, fly them around the backyard for all to enjoy!
Summer fun can be endless. The outdoors is a great space to influence the imagination, a healthier lifestyle, and family bonding. Taking part in fun activities with your loved ones will help create lasting, special memories. In addition, you can soak up some sun as much as possible before the school year begins!